Maximise Employment Programme
Bryson exists to make the greatest difference to those in greatest need by maximising the potential of people, the environment, and creating the conditions for sustainable peace.
The Maximise Employment Programme is an employability programme for 16 - 65 year olds who are not in employment, education or training.
We will engage 1,200 economically inactive people in localities of multiple deprivation across Northern Ireland. Beneficiaries will receive an intensive employment service tailored to their needs with match funded wrap-around one-to-one training and root cause support in order to gain and sustain employment and develop their skills.
Specific activities include:
- Introductory meetings: one-to-one in venues convenient to participants to include an assessment of potential and goal setting.
- One-to-one/group training/mentoring sessions (average 8 per participant) to progress to employment: participants will attend a mix of face-to-face and online one-to-ones, smaller/larger group sessions in local community settings, and organised away-days to participate in activities for personal development including:
- Basic life skills (e.g. confidence; team building including activities/outdoor pursuits; communication; time management; problem-solving; decision making; personal hygiene; self-care; interpersonal skills; adaptability)
- Specialist Life Skills (e.g. C.V. writing; interview techniques/preparation; mock interviews; pre-employment preparation)
- Job-specific training courses required for employment e.g., security licence training; ESOL; Construction Skills; Driving Licences.
- Check-ins during employment (every 6 weeks for 6 months) to support in addressing any potential barriers/issues that may disrupt employment.
- 300 participants supported with Multiply interventions to boost numeracy skills.
- Bryson wrap-around support: Service Users will have access to a range of wrap-around, holistic interventions including:
- Emergency relief: help with household bills/essential items
- Tablet computers for training (where necessary)
- Root Cause barriers to employment support:
- Crisis intervention and pastoral support
- Other education programmes inc. parenting skills, healthy lifestyles & nutrition
- Parental/family support/free childcare
- Income maximisation inc. energy efficiency
- Local community support/initiatives
Benefits in joining the programme, which include:-
- £15 per week allowance for the 8-week duration of the programme
- Funding for external training courses to enable clients to gain industry-recognised qualifications such as SIA and CSR Training.
- Tailored support to help clients to move into sustainable employment such as CV and confidence building.
- Free courses to help with confidence in numeracy.
- Dedicated support once the client has secured employment to increase sustainability.
- Between 16 - 65 years of age
- Not in Employment, Education or Training
- Not participating on any other ESF programme or Steps to Success
“Work is amazing, the hours are good, however there are some long days. It is great to be back working and have a purpose again. Bryson staff were amazing, extremely helpful, and there when I needed them, I can’t thank Bryson enough”
Bernard Moran, SIEP Participant